Updated: Apr 13, 2020
1. Meditation. I know you may think of a tied dyed wearing, tree hugging, 60's enthusiast but trust me, things have moved on. Gone are the days when we light incense (by all means, do though!), chant bollocks and hope for the best. There's a lot more to it than that. Meditation is about breathing. And relaxing. And being in the present moment. And being self-aware. And it can work wonders for your sense of being. And best of all, it takes up a few minutes of your morning and you don't even have to get out of bed! There's lots on YouTube. Guided meditations, meditations involving Chakra's, music, nature sounds, etc. Pick one and get it done while you boil the kettle for your morning brew!
2. Exercise. Yep! The dreaded advice that we hear aaaaaalllll the time! But it's true. Don't put it off. You DO have time. Because everyone can spare 7 minutes from their day. And that's all it takes. No. Honestly. I recommend a lovely lady who has very kindly offered to be our personal trainers for free! FREE! She has workouts for all ages and abilities and is my 'go to' when I need to get back onto the bandwagon! She has very kindly allowed me to share her link so here it is:
3. Water!! Our bodies NEED water. Want some science-y stuff to back it up?
Dehydration can make anxiety worse. How so? you ask. If we do not keep on top of our fluid intake, our brains do not function at their optimal capacity. Water plays an important part in our physical ability too. Keep hydrated by drinking 6-8 glasses of plain water per day. No-one can function on a shrivelled up prune for a brain, can they?
(There is a wide range of accessible info on the net about drinking water and the benefits)
4. Self Care. For the love of God, give yourself a pamper. A mini pamper even! Get your lippy on! (If you're a guy, get some good moisturiser. Or feel free to don the most on-trend shade of lippy if that floats your boat!) Whatever makes you feel good! Get your hair cut. Have a bath with your fave bath bomb! Get your nails done. Yes, you men can have a manicure without walking out of the salon looking like Zsa Zsa Gabor! Buy the shoes if they make you feel like a model for Louboutin! You bloody well deserve it!
5. Read. A good self help book. A romance novel. A true crime book. Reading is a get-away without actually getting away. It can transport you to another land, another era! And there's nothing more uplifting than a good old fashioned book! So put the mobile down, grab your fave beverage and take yourself away for an hour or two.
6. Fresh air. You could incorporate your exercise here. For example, a run. But if running outdoors isn't your bag (it is not for me! I don't enjoy it and it feels like a chore!), make a date with yourself, your partner, the kids and/or your mates and get yourself out into nature! Honestly, I sat in the garden and listened to the sound of the birds and tried to work out if there was a pattern in communication! And it was.... nice! Try it.
7. Turmeric milk (or Golden milk). This sounds controversial but its delish!! A mug of warm milk (cows, almond, soya or any other that takes your fancy) with a teaspoon of turmeric, half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a glob of honey before bed! Its warming and comforting and the
benefits of turmeric is something I'll go into later in the blog. If you're intrigued though, here's some more info https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/golden-milk-turmeric Make this your bedtime brew. You're welcome!
8. Sleep. Getting a good bit of shut eye is detrimental to our health and daily performance. Make it your ritual to get yourself to bed at a set time. Its a well known fact that our bodies heal and recharge whilst we sleep.
Hope this helps!
If you wish to leave a comment, please sign up via email. This will also enable notifications when new content is posted.